For a cosy yet luxurious mountain lodge feel, look no further than the Portetta. This excellent hotel is the epitome of rustic chic, decorated throughout with warm wood, stone and comfy furnishings.
At the heart is the huge lounge area, which is full of plush sofas, soft lighting and quirky features – including a collection of stuffed animals that were rescued from a local museum when it closed down. The roaring log fire completes the theme.
Next door, the cosiness continues in the bar and Cucina Angelina restaurant, which serves a simple yet delicious Italian/French menu designed by famed British chef Angelina Hartnett.
Come après time, the outdoor Fire & Ice terrace becomes the go-to place in 1650. Here, oversized sofas covered in furry throws are gathered around fire pits, and shots are served in glasses made of ice. There’s often live music too.
If peace and quiet is more your thing, you can head down to the wellness area to spend some time in the sauna, hammam and relaxation room.
As for the rooms, they continue the luxe lodge theme, with dark wood, marble bathrooms and high-quality furnishings.
And when you’re ready to hit the piste, you can ski right from the hotel to the lifts.
Courchevel is one of the world’s best-known and most exclusive ski resorts. It’s the combination of its premier location, and place in the world’s largest ski area, that makes it so special. The resort’s north-facing slopes mean the snow conditions are some of the best in the Three Valleys' entire 600km.
• Ski-in, Ski-out location on the slopes of 1650
• 1 minute walk to lifts
Features of Hotel Portetta, Courchevel 1650, Courchevel
• WiFi • Wellness Area • Sauna • Relaxation Area • Hammam • Small Fitness Room • Massage & Treatments Available for Extra Charge • Cucina Angelina Restaurant • Lounge & Bar with Fireplace • Outdoor Fire & Ice Bar • Terrace
Accommodation in Hotel Portetta, Courchevel 1650, Courchevel
All rooms have a flatscreen TV, hairdryer and safe.
• Twin or double room - sleeps 1-2: valley-facing room with a double bed or twin beds, private bath and WC.
• Twin or double room - sleeps 1-2: double bed or twin beds, private bath, WC and balcony overlooking the piste.
• Twin or double room - sleeps 3-4 (max 3 adults): double bed or twin beds, bunk beds, private bath and WC.
Meals in Hotel Portetta, Courchevel 1650, Courchevel
• Buffet breakfast.
• 4-course evening meal.
• Optional upgrade to full board includes: 3-course à la carte lunch on the terrace.
Change your holiday details
Finding alternative dates
Resort & Piste Info
Resort & Piste Info in Courchevel
Lift pass prices
Geneva - 2hrs 30mins
Grenoble - 2hrs 15mins
Chambery - 1hr 30mins
Lift pass prices are subject to change. Transfer times can fluctuate due to traffic conditions.