The Hôtel le Castillan is a chalet-style hotel conveniently located in the traditional old centre of Alpe d’Huez. The elevated position of the hotel means the bedrooms enjoy views of either the mountain or resort, while south-facing superior rooms also have a balcony.
The food at le Castillan is fantastic too. The panoramic Chez Jules restaurant has an excellent local reputation - evening meals include a superb 4-course menu with mountain specialities once per week. As well as the south-facing bar and sun terrace, a fantastic spa area completes the facilities. This includes a gym, sauna and steam room while massage treatments can be booked locally at a supplement.
Not only can you can be assured of excellent value for money when you book at Le Castillan, we are now also able to offer our official Crystal Childcare service that operates out of the Hotel Petit Prince to guests at the Castillan.
Nicknamed the ‘island in the sun' thanks to over 300 sunny days a year, Alpe d'Huez is one of the 7 resorts that make up the Alpe d'Huez Grand Domaine and offers access to the fifth largest ski area in France. With plenty of skiing for all abilities, from beginner to advanced, it’s not your standard winter playground.
• In the Vieil Alpe area of Alpe d’Huez.
• 2 minute walk to the nearest lift.
• 5 minute walk to the resort centre, ice rink and swimming pool.
• 2 minute walk to Crystal Childcare at the Hotel Petit Prince.
Features of Hotel Le Castillan, Alpe d'Huez
• WiFi • Family Friendly • Spa & Wellness Facilities • Gym / Fitness Centre • Satellite TV
Pepi Penguin Nursery and Beanie Bear Club is based in the Hotel Petit Prince, a 2-minute walk from the Hôtel Le Castillan.
Children in Beanie Bear Club must be dropped off by 8.15am in order to make ski school. If you miss this deadline, childcare staff cannot take your children. You can choose to sign your children into our care at the ski school meet point, however this needs to be arranged in advance with our childcare staff.
• Pepi Penguin Nursery (6 months - 4 years) is run by our UK-qualified childcare staff and held in a dedicated room equipped with games and toys. Outdoor play included (weather and parental consent permitting).
What's included: • Full day care from 8.30am to 5pm • 2-course hot lunch • Snacks and drinks throughout the day • A daily routine and activities report for your child • Activities vary daily. We'll find time for stories, singing, arts and crafts including painting and collage making, plus messy play in the sand tray and free play with age-relevant toys set out for the children to choose what they want to do.
We're also really keen to take in some fresh mountain air each day, so we aim to have an outdoor activity at least once a day – maybe snowy walks, a gondola ride or snow painting. And if your child is used to a sleep, we'll factor that in too.
• Beanie Bear Club (4-8 years) provides plenty of fun-filled days as our childcare staff offer a combination of care and skiing, which includes 6 x AM ski lessons, pick-up and drop-off from ski lessons, lunch and afternoon care by Crystal staff in the dedicated Beanie Bear Club room.
What’s included: • Full day care from 8.30am to 5pm • 6 x AM ski lessons, ski school drop-offs and pick-ups* • Child skis, boots and helmet hire • 2-course hot lunch • Snacks and drinks throughout the day * Lift passes aren't included as each child's needs are different. If and when your child feels confident enough to use the lifts, you'll need to buy a lift pass locally.
Activities vary daily – to include games, arts and crafts and storytime – and are often based around a theme.
We're also really keen to take in some fresh mountain air each day, so we aim to have an outdoor activity at least once a day – maybe bus bingo, snowman competitions or a treasure hunt.
Both Pepi Penguin Nursery and Beanie Bear Club operate for 6 days and must be pre-booked to guarantee a place. Evening clubs are also available to book in resort for an extra charge.
All our staff are UK-qualified, English-speaking and first-aid trained, and have had DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) and reference checks. And we prioritise maintaining the correct adult:child ratios.
Please note, all childcare is an extra charge and must be pre-booked to guarantee a place. In some instances, childcare does not extend the full length of the ski season. Please contact the sales team for additional information.
Accommodation in Hotel Le Castillan, Alpe d'Huez
All rooms have hairdryer, satellite TV, telephone, safe and free WiFi.
• Twin or Double Room (15m²) - sleeps 1-2: Twin or double beds, private shower and WC. North facing.
• Superior Twin or Double Room (18-20m²) - sleeps 1-3 (max 2 adults): Twin or double bed, single sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment) , WC and balcony. South facing.
Meals in Hotel Le Castillan, Alpe d'Huez
• Hot and cold buffet breakfast.
• 4-course evening meals with soup or starter, main course, cheese course and dessert.
• Optional upgrade to full board.
Please note, evening meals are a set menu but can be changed if you have food allergies or are a vegetarian.
Change your holiday details
Finding alternative dates
Resort & Piste Info
Resort & Piste Info in Alpe d'Huez
Lift pass prices
Geneva - 2hrs 45mins
Grenoble - 1hr 30mins
Chambery - 1hr 45mins
Lift pass prices are subject to change. Transfer times can fluctuate due to traffic conditions.